Wednesday, November 7, 2007

New Front Yard


Well we did it. We had most of the front hedge removed and so we put in a lot of tropical plants. I had the Giant Bird of Paradises in pots at the old house. So once the hedge was removed by Angel our landscaper, I quickly planted all the plants. I still have one pot with a yellow Plumeria tree and a gardenia that I am undecided on where to put it.
A friend has a home inland where she has a very mature Gardenia bush planted in front of her kitchen sink and I remember standing in there washing some dishes one summer and just being wafted by Gardenia fragrance, ever since that I have been determined to create the same for myself.
I am pleased with new look of the yard. You can really see the house from the street now. And I think once the plants mature a bit it will have a great tropical look.
The larger banana plants I dug up from the backyard jungle and moved to the front. I have added a sub-album to the photobucket images with some landscaping ideas from a house in our old neighborhood that was landscaped just wonderfully. I would like to replicate some of there plantings.

No comments: