Tuesday, November 27, 2007

New paint colors, base and case too.....


Well we spent the weekend painting. Brad sanded all the walls till his fingers bled from touching all the texture to get it just right. Then he primed all the walls with a PVA Primer. Then I took over for the rollering of the colors. He had a very watchful eye on me, because he didn't want my paint job to mess-up his time into the finish on the walls. But I can respect that, so I said nit pick away, let's get it right. He did all the cutting in too. Mom will be happy he did a very clean job.
For paint colors we went with a Martha Stewart Color Jadeite in the kitchen.
Since I collect Jadeite it seemed appropriate.
Then we did Celery Sprig in the dining room. Green makes you hungry so it makes sense.
And more Garden wall.
I love they way they turned out. Very beachy...

For the base and case we went with a craftsman style that I had seen at my parent's house. Nolan and Dan Sutherland made all the case at school. Nolan is learning all sorts of wood working skills from Dan so that is good.
Brad installed a lot of the case and base tonight. Man it looks so great with the new bowling alley floors with the base and the case around all the doors and openings. The case and base will be painted a nice white. What is shown here is the raw color.



4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love those colors! The paint job looks excellent.. time well spent!

I'm trying to decide what casing to put around our doors and windows... I like what you chose! I will have to keep that in mind. Thanks!

Hi Octane Jewelry said...

Thanks, I used the Behr paint at Home depot. And Beachglass was my inspiration.
I used to live in Hotchkiss & Crawford, CO.

I have also seen our casing done with the small detail up top. But what we did is m personal favorite.
Thanks-

Vicious Summer said...

The colors are perfect! I chose a green for our kitchen, that we ended up hating. You can see how hideous it is here...Whoops! Now we have to repaint and the worst part is now we have to cut in around the appliances, window panes cabinets and countertops. Bummer.

Hi Octane Jewelry said...

I didn't think your your green was soo bad. A photo doesn't always show the bad though. But the Ivory will be nice.