Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tiki Bath Progress




Well we got a little further in the Tiki bathroom. Our friend Mike Grover gave us some nice dark bamboo strips that were already to be used on a wall. I had given them to us before we bought our house and we had been saving them for something interesting. We just didn't know what at the time. The bathroom seemed like the perfect place. So Brad got all the pieces cut and was able to use his finish nail gun and just mount all the pieces on the walls. The bamboo was a little tricky work with in that it not necessarily a straight material. Overall I really like the way the bathroom looks. It feels tropical. But I think the bamboo finishes off the thatching on the walls nicely.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a fun idea!! It looks really nice.

Anonymous said...

I just love that bathroom. It's fabulous! I've done mine in a somewhat tiki theme with a Sailor Jerry fusion. hugs~ tink